Saturday, December 19, 2009

Not Half Bad

Ok, boys and girls....

Today was a weird and cool day. I got up kinda late, although I was awake at 7 this morning, I didn't drag my ass out of bed until almost 10. Weird ass dreams about Todd and his leaving and wanting a divorce without saying a word about why. I don't know what that was all about, but I said a prayer after I shrugged off the dream. Hmmm....

Anyways, I called Chas up this morning and she asked me to come over for coffee and to hang. We came back into town for a bit to gas up mom's car, get Chas cigarettes (ewww!), and grab some sammies from the deli at Riverside. I got to see JoAnn and get her cell # and addy to use for a reference for Jessie's enlistment application. I took two of the movies I rented for us last night over to watch with Chas today. Public Enemy with Johnny Depp, which I realized I had watched at the movies with Todd already, and Funny People. We spent some time catching up, then her neighbor Logan and his friend Ruben came over and watched the rest of Funny People with us. Pretty raunchy humor, but funny none-the-less. Her son, Michael, was interested in enlisting too, so we talked about his options for a bit.

Our hanging out dragged on in the day, so I had to run one of the movies back to the store real quick, rerent the other one, then run over to the movies to buy our tickets to watch Avatar tonight. Then, I ran home real quick to pick up Dani, Josh, and Kat. I was kinda relieved Jessie was sleepin and didn't want to go. Who knew the damn tickets would be so expense, just cuz they were in 3D? Grrr! Anway, we watched the movie, all three hours of it, and it kicked ass! I am absolutely in love with Pandora, and would kill to have the body of a N'Avi....fer sure (especially the no clothes part....lol). The story line was good, the action was intense, the graphics were better than an acid trip in a neon rainforest, and the romance was realistic. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD, as I am sure to buy it for us to watch at home. Too dang bad our big screen plasma burned out...

Well, I prayed most of today, hoping against hope that things would get easier. I saw last night that Todd changed his FB status from married to single. I know he is angry, and I am trying to be understanding and forgiving, but some of the things that are happening are very hard to deal with. I will read more in the good book tonight, pray some more, and hope that tomorrow will be better. I look forward to church in the morning, and being with like-minded people for a while. I thank God for forgiveness in my heart and the hearts of others.

I am headed over to a friend's tomorrow afternoon to watch a movie on Netflix called the Whale and the Squid, or something like that. It is supposed to be about a woman who is growing and changing, whose husband is stuck in a rut, and how she moves through the life changes in a positive way. I think the suggestion here is that it echoes my own situation, but I don't know how true that is. I guess I will just have to watch it and see. I have then been invited to head over to the Brewery for a couple of pints of good local brew and some local jazz and blues. I don't know if I will be up for that, but I will gauge the day as I go along and see where I am at with everything when the time comes.

Although things have been difficult for me since Todd left, I have to say that things with the kids have gotten much better. I am much closer now to Dani, and it feels really good. I don't know why it is, but I am thankful for it. We are spending much more time together, and communicating better than we ever have. She has been there for me a lot since he left, and I love her so very much for it. I have been there a lot for her when things weren't going so well with Jon, so that helps too. I don't have anything against him at all, I just want to encourage her and see her happy. Talking with Jessie has also gotten easier. I don't know why that is, either, but I am still thankful for it.

Oh, yes. Christmas day. Hmmmm....Dani and I invited Todd and his family over for Christmas dinner, since she is cooking another turkey. (Best damn turkey, ever, in the whole freakin world!!!!) Clay and Laura responded yesterday, saying they would be here for it, right before bringing the cute and adorable Gunner over to us for a couple of hours so they could go out and catch dinner and a Griz game. Man, do we love that baby boy! Luke said he and Robin are going to her mom and dad's in Salmon for the day, but would catch up with us and do something before New Year's. Todd's mom, Sharon, sent a text today saying they would come and asking what they should bring. After asking Dani, I told her to bring cherry pie...lots and lots of pie! We love pie....but then, who doesn't love pie, right? Well, we can't wait for that Christmas day dinner, cuz we know how good Thanksgiving dinner was...and I expect a repeat performance by the amazing Dani! I knew getting her to watch Food Network and Alton Brown's show would pay off someday.

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention the tree. The tree was beautifully decorated by Katherine and Josh this year. We knew when we put it up that we wouldn't be putting gifts under it, due mostly to the lack of money, but especially since we are learning that the most wonderful gift we can give is our company to one another. Yes, I said company! No, I am not being a smartass! Presence, not presents. Then, today Kat sent me a pic message to my phone of the tree, with presents under it....which all came from Josh and his family.....awwww...how sweet of them. Josh is such a generous person, and his family has always been so nice to all of us. I am so thankful for them all. Praise God for bringing them into our lives.

Ummm....ok, now for the humor of the day:

If goat is a ram and a donkey is an ass, why is a ram in the ass called a goose?

Man, I crack me up sometimes....lol. Until next time....rock on!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. You stole my.. Until next time.. Thing!


    Ahhhhahaha.


    Love you, mother. (:

    ReplyDelete