Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Getting Started

Alright, Dani got me started on this. I'm prolly gonna regret it, but...here goes.

Today was a tough one for me. I've been in tears more often than not lately, which is something entirely new for me. I was raised to hold tears back and not show them, or at the very least have the dignity to hide them until I could get out of sight, and Lord knows, certainly never let myself be caught at it. To do so was a weakness, and would get me beat for my effort. Needless to say, I learned to shut them down before they ever got started. Sometimes I would jab myself with something sharp or shut my hand in a door to keep them at bay. Hmmm....makes me think of all the tears I must have been saving up...which explains a lot.

Anyway, to cry lately has felt rather freeing. And, I have managed to do it in the most inappropriate and inopportune places, making even random strangers feel weird and uncomfortable...Wow, what a tranformation, huh? Well, considering the life shocks I have experienced in the last few months, it is to be expected. I have found myself, lost my husband, found a sister, gained a whole new appreciation for family, and reacquainted myself with God. What a ride it has been.

Sometimes this blog is bound to be boring, but mostly it should be interesting. I have spent most of my life being immature and silly at best, but always with remarkable insight into the world around me. My biggest blind spot has always been my own mind...and much to my dismay, it has gotten me in trouble again and again. While it has created some painful learning situations, it also makes for great and enlightened entertainment for the kids....so, please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment