Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's a Trap!

Today is Christmas Eve. I am happy to be at home with my children and my mom...and of course, Josh. Josh is a damn fine person, and we are lucky to have him as a part of our family. The house is finally clean, and I am showered and ready for bed. I have only to take the pecan pies Dani made out of the oven in a bit, then grab my favorite zombie book and head to bed to read until I fall asleep.

Tomorrow there is much cooking to be done. A ham will go in right away, then Dani's famous finger-lickin turkey. Everything else will be pie after that. The house is rearranged to where we have lots of room, and there is even one more movie left to watch: Four Christmases. I'm not a fan of Vince Vaughn, but I do love Reese Witherspoon. Cards and games will be the order of the day. I look forward to seeing the rest of the family, but I am also nervous about it. I pray that forgiveness is the word for the day.

For all the younguns out there:

Don't grow up. It's a trap!

No comments:

Post a Comment