Sunday, December 20, 2009

Getting the Joke

Hey guys and dolls...

Today was a better day. I got up early this morning and headed off to walk with Gabby. She was excited to get out and didn't care about getting pissed on by the tiny amounts of rain falling. We did our thing and got back home in time for me to frantically look for my purse and keys. I am almost positive I left my purse at the theater last night when we went to watch Avatar. Dang it all. I had my wallet in there with my driver's license and social security card! Man! Ok. Fine. Well, I didn't find the purse, but did find the keys, and even made it to Max's Love & Respect-based communication class at Cornerstone Church. Decoding men and women's language...which is priceless stuff, since I have not a freakin clue what the other half are talking about most of the time. It's usually women that piss me off with their roundabout way of trying to say what they gotta say, so I can kinda understand how men would have a hard time understanding us. That's why it's good for me to go to the class, so I can better understand how both sexes communicate what we are thinking and feeling, and how we manage it without killing one another in the process. Gotta be useful stuff there....

After class, I went out into the main chapel and met a few more people that I didn't know yet. It is always good to meet new people, and eventually I may even get to the point where I can remember all their names. Just as service was starting, Laura came in with baby Gunner. Man, was I glad to see her. She came and sat next to me, handing me Gunner, and we talked a bit in between singing and listening to the sermon. When the call to come forward came, we both answered. It was good to get back to the things that really matter, as there is only one....our Father. Before we left to go home, she asked if I could come by sometime to help with her computer, and I told her she could call me anytime. I really was glad she was there today, as every time we get together she feels more like a sister to me.

Speaking of sisters, my nephew Keith finally friended me on FB. He is a real kick in the ass. He made a smartass comment about how hot Dani is while we were IMing last night, then asked exactly how related the two of them are. Ewww! I had to laugh at that, knowing he was just screwing around. I kid him all the time about his baby's mama, as he used me to piss her off while I was there, pretending I was his new girlfriend. We are definitely a weird family....lol....and he is such a dork. I imagine he will eventually be the type of goof off surgeon that acts a lot like Turk from Scrubs....ha ha.

After getting home from service, I headed over to the theater to look for my purse. No such luck. I gave up on it and headed over to a friend's to watch The Whale and the Squid. It was a really complicated, uncomfortable, and extremely weird movie that starred Jeff Daniels, which must have been made in the 70's. It certainly wasn't what I expected...if I expected anything at all, but man was it weird. Speaking of weird, I saw on Yahoo that actress Brittany Murphy died today at age 32 from natural causes. I know most people don't know who she is, but I remember her best in '8 Mile' with Eminem...as the girl that screwed his best friend...and also in 'Clueless.' Man, it is so weird how such young people just kick it like that, totally out of nowhere. It reminds me of the tragedy of Heath Ledger's death last year...God, what a bummer.

After the movie, I came straight home and started in on dinner with Dani. She loves pork chops, so we made some with shells and cheese. After dinner, me, Kat, and Josh went back to Meme's room and played about 10 hands of roulette. I enjoy playing cards with her, and asked that we make time to do it when Sharon comes over for Christmas dinner, since she is the one that originally taught us to play the game. Josh asked if Todd was coming over for dinner as well that day, but I had to tell him I hadn't heard anything back as of yet. Sadly, I don't expect to hear anything. Things are no better on that front. I haven't heard anything from him in days, and have stopped sending him emails since I get no reply. I am trying to learn to just be still, as God has everything under control and has no need for me to complicate things further by acting like I can influence the outcome. Being still is new for me, so I have to practice it many, many times throughout the day. There are times when I feel an overwhelming urge to just pick up the phone and call or send a text, but then realize there is nothing I really have to say that hasn't been said before or will make a difference. Instead, I find a quiet place and talk to God. Sounds funny to say it, much less hear it, but it doesn't make it any less true. I am learning to have conversations with Him, and they sound very much like the conversations I have with my friends or family. I am sure that when I'm in the car and my quiet time is driving from place to place, people think I'm outta my damn mind when they see me talking to myself....lol. Makes me laugh to think about it. Just so long as God gets the joke, is all that really matters to me...

Ok, boys and girls, here is the humor for the day:

Susan says: If a woman looks deep in thought, she probably is. If a man looks deep in thought, he's probably just trying not to crap himself as he farts.

No comments:

Post a Comment