Monday, December 21, 2009

God-given Talent

Ok, there are a bunch of things I've been thinking lately, and some of them have been really suspicious and negative. Every time I catch myself at it, I pray and ask God to push the thoughts away. These thoughts serve no good purpose, and only harm me rather than help me. Although what I am going through is hard, I am thankful that all of this has happened, as without it I wouldn't have reconnected with the most important person in my life: God. Ok, enough of that....

Today Dani and Kat finally got their cherry wood floor put in their room. It was a tough gig, but in the end it looks hella good. I am grateful to Josh and Kat for helping me with the whole project, and to Jessie, Sol, and Dani for helping to take the bed apart and put it back together. Tomorrow I hope to finish the paint touch-ups and hang the base, which should make it look even better. Damn, God gifted me with talented hands and a wonderful family!

I checked on the truck today when Gabby and I went for our walk to the river. The part that left me stranded is the Air Flow Mass Spectrometer. Hmmm....a $700 part for that particular year model Yota....although Jared told me that they'd cleaned mine out with brake cleaner and reinstalled it, and now it seems to be working okay, although that's no guarantee it will continue to do so for any period of time. He has ordered the exhaust manifold that I needed as well, which should be one hell of a job since there are two broken bolts that need to be tapped out. However, that is a job that can wait a couple of weeks, so I may have my wheels again by tomorrow. It will be exciting to be independent again. There is something about having 4x4 wheels under me and a stick shift in my hand that make all things seem possible....lol.

Well, I still didn't find my purse. Bummer. Dani went to the movies with Nathan tonight. He looked so shy and unsure of himself when he came to pick her up tonight. I couldn't help myself, I had to tease him. I asked where her candy and flowers were, then asked Dani if that's what she was going to wear before turning and asking Nathan the same thing. They both laughed and it probably eased some of the tension. Nathan seems to be a really nice guy, and he certainly likes her a lot. Poor guy....She came home with a Christmas gift from him...a really pimp looking pin-striped fedora. Man, I wish I could wear hats like that. Damn hair, anyway...

Jessie's recruiter came by today and we finished up his paperwork since his birth certificate came in. Next Monday is the day that Jessie heads over to Butte to MEPS for his testing and such. He is 5'8" tall, and weighs 110lbs right now, which means he has to gain another 15lbs almost. We talked about ways he could do that, and Jessie signed his contract for enlistment. He seems excited to go, and we all know that Dani is bursting at the seams for him to get going and moved out of the house....lol. I am very proud of him for taking this step, and know that his future will be promising because of it. I love that boy so much...

I though a lot today about how well things are going lately here at home. I wake up early in the morning fairly easily, feeling rested, and am happy about starting my day. I take Gabby out for a walk down to the river first thing (and often sit and stare at it its beauty for a looong time), then come home and cook breakfast for myself and whoever may be up. I start on my homework, and work on it periodically through the day. I go check on mom, and sit and talk with her a while about anything and everything. We organize our priorities and make plans to get things done as they need to be, and I am honest about what I have the energy and motivation to do. As I did long ago, I feel proud of my God given talent to fix, build, and create, and see what I create with that talent as my Gift back to God. I don't feel guilty for spending time doing the things I want to do, or coming and going as I please. I look up verses in my Bible when I catch myself feeling down about something, or sometimes even when things are going really good. I have candid conversations with God without feeling self-conscious, fake, or stupid, and am honest about what I really need. I don't worry about money or getting through the days ahead, as I know He has my back. I take the time to talk to the kids when I want to or need to, run errands as they come up, and make plans to do things with friends and then really enjoy doing them. I haven't felt freedom like this in a long time, and it feels really good. Mom and the kids seem happier. So does Gabby. I do too. Sometimes I wonder why that is....or how that can be considering everything...but it is what it is.

Ok, folks, if we can't laugh, then we are truly screwed...so here goes the humor for the day:

80% of people masturbate, the other 20% are liars....

Which category do you fall into? Makes ya think, huh? ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment