Friday, January 8, 2010

I Create

I got this message today:

On this day of your life, Susan, I believe God wants you to know...  
...that tomorrow is the most important day of your life.

Your greatest moment, your greatest achievement, your
greatest adventure lies in the future, never in the past.
There is a new you waiting to be created tomorrow.
That is the joy and wonder of the dawn. That is the
excitement of it!

Forget about yesterday! What is the grandest version
of the greatest vision ever you held about Who You
Are going to be tomorrow? That is the only question
that matters.

and this is what I thought about what the Creator had to say to me:

The grandest vision of Who I Really Am.....

This really makes me think. I am not sure I have that much thought directed toward the future. At least not as much thought as I could have, had I known that my thoughts alone could manifest themselves. Too much time has been spent rehashing the past, trying to figure out what I did wrong and coming up with ways to keep from making the same mistakes. Had I to measure the ratio, it would look something like 80/20...with 80% of my thought focused toward the past. Man, that's a lot of focus directed backward, so it's probably no wonder I stumble as often as I do, seeing as how I can't see what's in front of me. Hmmmm....

20%. How can I possibly think that I can create the grandest vision of Who I Really Am if I can't commit all of myself toward that vision? I admit it is hard to focus only forward. So much of who we are is tied up in our experiences of the past. Without them, we wouldn't be who we are. But maybe that is the point. Maybe we don't want to be who we are right now, but who we envision ourselves to be. Hmmm....yes. The logic seems sound. Now to impliment it....

No comments:

Post a Comment